The Office of the City Veterinary and Agricultural Services (OCVAS) offers Farm Tractor Services to all Batangas City constituents for land cultivation purposes.
Below is the list of Farm Tractor Services Offered
- Cuts and inverts the soil partially in large sizes and pulverize them
- Average estimated duration - 3 to 4 hours per hectare
- Offered during 1st Cropping, preferably from February to April
- Pulverizes the soil to attain better soil tilt for seed germination and growth
- Average estimated duration - 2 hours per hectare
- Offered during 1st and 2nd cropping as long as soil condition i suitable for harrowing, mainly April to June and September to November
- Makes ridges and beds for planting and trenches for irrigation and drainage purposes
- Average estimated duration - 1 hour per hectare
- Offered only when harrowing schedule is almost finished
Rental Fees - Php 300.00 per hour (Tax Code)
In order to avail the services one must pass all the needed requirements
List of Requirements Needed to Avail Farm Tractor Services
- All Batangas City constituents can avail farm tractor services for land cultivation purposes.
- Farm area must be located within Batangas City
- Area shall be validated if suitable for land preparation
- For Yellow Corn Sufficiency Program and Eggplant Production Program, he/she must be eligible member of Batangas City Yellow Corn Growers Associaation (BCY,Inc.) or Batangas City Eggplant Growers Association (BCEGA)
- For those who will grow other crops like vegetables, he/she shall be enlisted in the masterlist of Crop Production Division.
- Barangay clearance, if necessary