The Livestock Division of the Office of the City Veterinary and Agricultural Services is in charge of giving permits to install Meat Shops and Veterinary Establishments
Below is the list of Requirements for Meat Shops and Animal Dispersal
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEATSHOP (Outside public market)
1. The Meat Shop should have at least one (1) personnel who attended the course on Hygienic Handling of Meat in meat markets and shall possess a Meat Handler’s License.
2. The building must be glass enclosed.
3. Room temperature must be controlled not higher than 16 ºC.
4. Operating table must be made of stainless and steel.
5. Must have sterilizer for knives and utensils.
6. Must have chillers and freezers for storage.
7. Must pass the requirement cited by Administration Order No. 5 Series of 2012, otherwise known as Rules and Regulations on Hygienic Handling of Newly Slaughtered Meat in Meat Markets.
FOR ANIMAL DISPERSAL
1. Recommendation Letter from the Barangay Captain or City Mayor
2. Seminar on Swine/Goat Production and Management
Background investigation (BI) of dispersal applicants